SIGMOD Call for Workshop Proposals
We expect to have several workshops collocated with SIGMOD/PODS, either sponsored or co-sponsored by SIGMOD, or held in cooperation with SIGMOD. The deadline for receipt of proposals for workshops is November 10th.
Unlike in previous years, all workshops will take place before the SIGMOD conference. In particular, most workshops will be held on Sunday, June 28th, whereas at most two workshops will be held on Monday, June 29th (starting after the PODS keynote presentation). Workshops that run for half or 3/4 of a day are also possible. Further inquires should be sent to the SIGMOD'09 Workshops Chair:
Yannis Ioannidis (yannis [at] di.uoa.gr)
- Proposals must be submitted by email to yannis at di.uoa.gr
and must contain this information
(for sponsored or co-sponsored workshops) or
this information (for workshops held in cooperation with SIGMOD).
- The budget form that needs to be filled out will be slightly different from previous years and is available from the Workshops chair.
- Having a website for the workshop already prepared at submission time would be very desirable.
- Note that one required item is the written agreement of the workshop proceedings copyright holder (e.g., ACM Press, Kluwer, Springer-Verlag) to allow the workshop proceedings to appear on the SIGMOD DISC. Depending on the publisher involved, it may require considerable lead time to obtain this permission.
- Another item required by ACM for in-cooperation conferences is proof of liability insurance, which can also require considerable lead time to obtain.